Twitter Tips for Journalists
It is very important to realize that Twitter can work for anyone when used in the right way. Whether you are a writer, a designer, a marketer or an ambitious journalist, there is always a specific path for you to follow on Twitter in order to promote your work and meet potential customers.
For today’s post, I will be sharing with you 5 great Twitter tips for journalists.
I will begin by stating the variety of purposes journalists can use Twitter for:
- Monitor activities and discussions of people in your community.
- Connect with people who will provide you with helpful tips and information.
- Connect with colleagues and share ideas with them or get ideas from them.
- Crowd source stories by asking the community for story ideas or information.
- Quickly find people who witnessed or experienced news worthy events.
- Break stories quickly.
- Provide live coverage of news events.
- Drive traffic to your website or blog.
- Report a story by text message using Twitter in disaster situations when you can’t transmit data.
- Improve your writing as you learn to make points directly in just 140 characters.
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged account, advanced, app, application, blog, community, content, coverage, data, events, howto, ideas, information, journalist, locals, news, search, sharing, Tricks, Tweeps, Twitterm tips, website, writer, writing
What is the real value of social media? What makes “the act of tweeting” a delicious treat?
Despite the stubborn stands against “tweeting” claiming it’s a waste of time and breach of privacy, it seems that Twitter does provide value to its users!
The top 10 value-driven reasons to use Twitter are:
- The marketing coup: Through consistent use, thousands of individuals and companies are utilizing Twitter to increase Web traffic, or to perpetuate a brand.
- Using Twitter, as opposed to E-mail, Blogs and Instant messaging, provides the value of fast and compact communication. If used correctly, Twitter is an attractive tool for sharing relevant content quickly with interested users.
- Twitter holds a high value to corporations. It helps them learn new things from their audience and in turn teach their target about their services/products; thus promoting collective intelligence.
- Twitter proves to be a very good way to connect with current friends and meet new ones in an engaging environment. Furthermore, Twitter provides its followers with the luxury of “venting” to friends about feelings, likes, dislikes, interests and so on.
- Twitter is everywhere! It has solved the problem of staying in touch when you’re not physically bound to your computer! Through Twitter, you can keep up with the buzz even when you’re on the move, with text or IM. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged businesses, communities, corporate, corporations, email, friends, intelligence, marketing, micro blogging, new, potential, tweeting, Twitter, value, writing