Twitter search is very important. If you do use it, you probably noticed that not all tweets show up in your search. The reason for this is that Twitter filters out certain tweets from Twitter search.
Your tweets not showing up in the search results is not a good thing, especially if you are using Twitter for business. Being filtered out is not good for your social presence either.
Therefore, today we will present you with 5 ways to avoid being filtered from Twitter search:
A Snap Shot from Twitter Search of beiruta
- Don’t spam: We all know by now that spam could devastate your presence on Twitter, so please don’t do it!
- Don’t post duplicate tweets: If you want to promote your website, blog, product, etc, better do it over a couple of hours. It’s very annoying to see your service or blog linked five times in a row. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged blog, check, filtering, howto, link, mix, product, profile, search, service, spam, time, tips, Tweepi, tweet, Twitter, website
Say No to Spam!
Tweepi is back again with more Twitter related tips! Today, we will introduce you to the top 5 methods and applications which could help you cut down on incoming spam and better enjoy their overall Twitter experience.
1. Manual Selection: This method might be fun at the beginning yet could become a bit overwhelming especially to those following thousands of tweeps. Basically, this method entails that you monitor the activity, profile, links and tweets of those you are following and manually unfollow and block those who seem to be spammers rather than true tweeps. Things you should be well aware of when manually following and unfollowing tweeps:
- Be ware of suspicious-looking shortened URLS; these could be links to viruses, pornography, trojans or spam. For example, if you see the same URL with 10 different descriptions!
- Be careful of trending topics; spammers use those with a combination of hashtags so they would show up more often on Twitter search.
- Be ware of fake followers; followers who will not RT you or provide you with valuable information, instead, they use their Twitter account to send our promotions to sell their services.
- Know who you follow before you follow them and unfollow and block anyone who seems to be a spammer immediately. Continue reading
Posted in Clean up your Twitter, Tips and Tricks
Tagged apps, CleanTweets, follow, howto, manual, selection, spam, tips, tools, topics, trending, Tweepi, Twerspcan, Twitter, unfollow
Twitter spammers are an especially annoying breed of spammers. Unlike their email cousins, you can’t just shove them in a dirty little corner, that you’ll have to visit begrudgingly, instead they will flood your Twitter feed.
So far, Twitter’s strategy to fight spam is limited to disabling accounts that are suspected of being used to spam the service, and that is not enough. So Twitter users are encouraged to be vigilant and not only be careful about not only the people whom they follow but also those who follow them, and using Twitter will surely make fighting those spammers a breeze.
What to Look for?
If someone only tweets links then he is probably just a bot tied to an RSS Feed, and unless it is your favorite news service or blog then chances are this person is a spammer. To remove those quickly go to Manage Twitter –> Reciprocate –> select the “Avoid Linkless Ramblings” and sort by “Links Ratio“.
Have you found this tip helpful?Looking forward to your comments and feedback :)