Tweepi is back again with more Twitter related tips! Today, we will introduce you to the top 5 methods and applications which could help you cut down on incoming spam and better enjoy their overall Twitter experience.
1. Manual Selection: This method might be fun at the beginning yet could become a bit overwhelming especially to those following thousands of tweeps. Basically, this method entails that you monitor the activity, profile, links and tweets of those you are following and manually unfollow and block those who seem to be spammers rather than true tweeps. Things you should be well aware of when manually following and unfollowing tweeps:
- Be ware of suspicious-looking shortened URLS; these could be links to viruses, pornography, trojans or spam. For example, if you see the same URL with 10 different descriptions!
- Be careful of trending topics; spammers use those with a combination of hashtags so they would show up more often on Twitter search.
- Be ware of fake followers; followers who will not RT you or provide you with valuable information, instead, they use their Twitter account to send our promotions to sell their services.
- Know who you follow before you follow them and unfollow and block anyone who seems to be a spammer immediately. Continue reading