We’ve been working day and night for the past few months to rewrite Tweepi with a newer, mobile friendly technology stack. The motivation was two fold, a better Tweepi and making the code base organized and testable for our team to enjoy developing new features. We are finally ready to introduce the new Tweepi beta!
Faster, mobile friendly, and packed with new features.
Column headers and pagination bar always displayed
On larger screen resolutions (tablets or above), the column headers and pagination toolbar will be always displayed. That’s a long requested feature by many of our awesome users. No more scrolling up and down to sort or navigate.
New powerful filters
You can now build more complex criteria for any Tweepi manage or follow tool:
- You can define ranges by defining two filters, one greater than and one less than.
- You can filter by “empty”, “not empty” or “not contain”.
- Dates are relative. No need to calculate specific dates. Just enter how many days ago.
New powerful filters
Accurate 24 hour follow counter
Moved to the navigation bar. You can now keep an eye on the number of follows and unfollows performed since 24 hours.
The new action counter
Responsive and mobile-friendly
Redesigned to work on mobile devices and tablets.
All pages are now bookmarkable, along with how many users per page displayed and filters selected. Try this link to follow journalists @cnn follows who have tweeted in the past 2 weeks.
Please use the orange ‘Feedback’ button to the right of the new Tweepi to share your thoughts with us, or report any odd behaviour. Many of you already have our email addresses, so feel free to email us directly.
We look forward to reading your feature requests and feedback!
What is the real value of social media? What makes “the act of tweeting” a delicious treat?
Despite the stubborn stands against “tweeting” claiming it’s a waste of time and breach of privacy, it seems that Twitter does provide value to its users!
The top 10 value-driven reasons to use Twitter are:
- The marketing coup: Through consistent use, thousands of individuals and companies are utilizing Twitter to increase Web traffic, or to perpetuate a brand.
- Using Twitter, as opposed to E-mail, Blogs and Instant messaging, provides the value of fast and compact communication. If used correctly, Twitter is an attractive tool for sharing relevant content quickly with interested users.
- Twitter holds a high value to corporations. It helps them learn new things from their audience and in turn teach their target about their services/products; thus promoting collective intelligence.
- Twitter proves to be a very good way to connect with current friends and meet new ones in an engaging environment. Furthermore, Twitter provides its followers with the luxury of “venting” to friends about feelings, likes, dislikes, interests and so on.
- Twitter is everywhere! It has solved the problem of staying in touch when you’re not physically bound to your computer! Through Twitter, you can keep up with the buzz even when you’re on the move, with text or IM. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged businesses, communities, corporate, corporations, email, friends, intelligence, marketing, micro blogging, new, potential, tweeting, Twitter, value, writing