Using Twitter for Your Small Business
Twitter can be used for business and pleasure. When used correctly, Twitter can be a great tool for small businesses to grow and prosper.
Therefore, today’s post will be a collection of 10 valuable tips every small business could benefit from:
1. As I have mentioned before, and I can’t stress this enough, do not use “eggs” as your Twitter avatar and be smart about your choice of Twitter background.
2. Use a business Twitter account to create a great place for customer relationship management. Teach your clients to use Twitter to keep with the happenings of your company. Also, it can help you share the news and information regarding the success of your clients.
3. Use Twitter as a discussion forum. Ask your clients and prospective clients what they would like to see, hear, taste, and experience.
4. Use Google Analytics to measure the traffic directed from Twitter to your blog or website. If you can measure the traffic related to sales or acquisitions it help you understand an ROI from the tool.
5. Encourage your employees to join Twitter and become part of the conversation.
6. Fill out your profile. Make sure you put information regarding your personal life as well as your business life. This is important because, yes, tweeps do check it. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged active, application, blog, business, cars, device, effective, follow, life, manage, mobile, personal, profile, retweet, RTs, small, tips, Tweeps, tweet, Twitter, URL, valuable
One of the goals of a business presence on Twitter is to build a community and improve credibility with the entire tweeps’ population. To be able to do that, the usage of the service by businesses should extend beyond just marketing of their services or talking about themselves, they should also strive to develop a personal connection with their audience.
Twitter for Business
Here are some of the ways to achieve that:
- Share some tips related to your business and how you manage to balance between your work load and life commitments. This will help you to connect with other in your line of work on a more personal level.
- Help others to solve their problems, even if they are not related to your business line and especially if you are a small business.
- Post your thoughts on your Industry, business and other topics of interest. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged business, events, experience, feed, friendly, ideas, link, Management, photos, pictures, place, posts, sharing, staff, tips, tweets, Twitter
What are the real, closeted reasons behind the act of “tweeting”? Why would someone spend hours tweeting to complete strangers he/she has never met before and will probably never meet in person? What needs does tweeting fulfill? Do we really think of the psychology behind our tweeting habits?
Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs Model
Here are some of the main reasons behind the act of tweeting based on Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs Model:
- Meeting new people from different backgrounds and various locations around the world.
- Establishing connections with others, grow friendships, build relationships and maybe even find love (or at least talk about it to many others who might be feeling the same!).
- Building on self-confidence through interacting with tweeps who continuously praise your tweets, personality, knowledge and/or looks.
- Earning respect from your Twitter peers by providing them with valuable content, tips and links.
- Developing and spreading your creativity in an open and receptive Twitter atmosphere.
- Learning new skills related to problem-solving, enhancing interpersonal competencies and improving overall communication habits.
- Winning products, through sweepstakes and promotions, that have the ability to make you feel “important” and “unique” such as the Macbook Pro.
- Feeling with others on a deeper level through spreading the news about humanitarian causes, environmental problems, economical issues or political debates, and eventually making a difference.
- Achieving fame through proposing ideas that will become trending topics or uncovering site hacks and problems.
Now that I have listed the psychological needs behind using Twitter, which need would you say Twitter satisfies for you? And do you think there are other needs that Twitter fulfills?
Posted in Humor
Tagged analysis, business, causes, creativity, feel, humor, ideas, links, meet, peers, people, products, psychology, skills, tips, Twitter. tweet, win
Twitter is a fun platform where you could meet friends, share music, videos and stories. However, Twitter could also be a great way to do business!
Therefore, today I will be giving you 10 best ways that you could benefit from Twitter for your business:
- Try to have more than one tweet following up on your business Twitter account. You need continuous interaction with your audience and you don’t want a gap since employees can be busy, be on vacations or even quit!
- When promoting a blog post related to your business, don’t just dump the link on your Twitter followers; explain to them, in a few words, what the post is about or prompt them for a reply at least.
- Follow interesting and active people. If you find tweeps who you think are interesting, follow them and retweet the valuable and interesting things they tweet.
- Share the “human side” of your company. If you’re bothering to tweet, it means you believe social media has value for human connections.
- Commenting on others’ tweets and being active is a great way to build your community. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged account, audience, blog, business, follow, howto, interaction, links, posts, retweet, tips, Tricks, Tweepi, Twitter