Ever wondered what could get you blacklisted on Twitter? Today’s post is dedicated to the top 10 tips I have for Twitter users who want to avoid getting unfollowed or blocked on Twitter:
- NEVER add your followers’ names in your ad tweets! It might seem appealing, it might seem lucrative but trust me, it is annoying and I have unfollowed and blocked many of those I was following just for that reason!
- Don’t just tweet rambles! Twitter is an endless stream of information and if you don not provide something valuable every now and then, you will eventually be unfollowed.
- Don’t be selfish! If I care enough to retweet you, you should be able to do the same or else you don’t deserve me following you and I will eventually block you. Sharing is caring and retweeting is as well.
- Don’t Overdo the Direct Messages! Especially when I start following you, I don’t want you promoting your products and services to me, let me know you on a different and deeper level then start advertising to me!
- Never Try to Cheat the Rules! Twitter will catch you, eventually and suspend your account periodically or indefinitely!
- Don’t Spam Tweet Me! Regardless of your Twitter user name and avatar, I expect you to tweet the “good stuff” to me. Spam, be it porn or otherwise, is not what I consider “good” or “interesting!
- Reply to Me! At least once in a while and especially when I mention you, I do expect that you respond to me with a short tweet or a direct message.
- Be Active! Twitter is about give and take. Don’t just create the account and disappear; tweet often and try to make your tweets valuable to me at some level.
- Be Ware of Multiple Twitter Accounts! Yes, I will add more than one account for you but you have to promise to “play nice”: keep the variety flowing in your tweets and treat each account separately.
- Be Humble: Don’t pretend you are a guru or act as if you know more than you do. “Wannabe’s” are not welcomed here!
Finally, Love What You Do…
In order for you to be considered a “good” Twitter citizen, you have to love what you do on Twitter and enjoy every second of it.
Remember, whether you are tweeting for business or for fun, your Twitter followers are people with feelings, problems and stories, they are not mere numbers!
So now, after I have listed for you the top 10 things that might get you unfollowed or blocked from my Twitter list, what other advice can you give to your Twitter followers? And have you ever been blocked on Twitter? What did you learn from that?